Desktop Support Manager
2651 Siringo Road
Ph: (505) 955-5576
Fx: (505) 955-5875
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Monday - Friday
The Desktop Support Section is responsible for the, configuration, installation, support and maintenance of the City’s computing network infrastructure and all attached and unattached computers and their associated devices. The managed growth of the computers, devices and network infrastructure is a premiere concern and activity of Desktop Support. Desktop Support responsibilities include:
- Developing computer operations policy and procedures.
- Maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing desktop computers, laptop/notebook computers, printers, peripheral hardware and software.
- Configuring and installing operating systems, desktop applications, and network software.
- Providing user support and problem resolution for desktop computers, network access, E-mail, Web, and server based applications.
- Testing and evaluating hardware and software to determine efficiency, reliability, and compatibility with existing systems.
- Training users on proper network, workstation, PC, and software/application use.
- Providing technical input to policies/procedures for installation, use, and maintenance of computers, networks, and peripherals.
- Recommending hardware and software for purchase.
- Operating, maintaining, and troubleshooting network server hardware, operating systems, and application software.