200 Lincoln Ave
Ph: (505) 955-2345
Councilor Patti J. Bushee was appointed to the City Council in 1994, was subsequently elected to the District 1 seat in 1996, re-elected in 2000, 2004, 2008 and was again re-elected in 2012. She is now serving her 5th consecutive term.
Councilor Bushee serves on the following committees:
- Bicycle and Trails Advisory Committee - Chair
- Finance Committee - Member
- Regional Transit District - Member
- SFMPO Transportation Policy Board - Member
- Buckman Direct Diversion Board - Alternate
- She was a founding member of the Regional Planning Authority.
Education and Experience
During her many years of public service, Councilor Bushee has demonstrated her commitment to improving the quality of life for all Santa Feans by advocating for important issues such as:
- Water use and conservation policies
- A living river
- An extended network of urban trails
- Growth management and land-use planning
- Affordable housing
- Economic development
- Living wages
- Smoke-free ordinance
- Originator of commUNITY Day
She has owned her own landscaping business in Santa Fe for more than 20 years and has also held positions with the Office of the State Engineer and with the New Mexico State Film Office.
Councilor Bushee earned a Bachelor of Arts, summa cum laude, in International Affairs/ Political Science/Spanish, from the University of Maine. She has also studied at George Washington University in Washington, DC and La Universidad de Sevilla in Seville, Spain.